Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
An original Berliner who grew up in East Berlin, Bettina Meier experienced the Fall of the Berlin Wall when she was nine years old. She grow up in East Berlin and after 1989 in the United Germany. She received a degree in business studies and Journalism at the University of Leipzig before heading to the U.S. for the first time.
Meier was a Fulbright Scholar studying Journalism and Public Affairs at American University in Washington D.C. While there, she worked for the BBC, NPR and C-Span in D.C. as a freelance journalist.
Upon returning to Germany in 2007, she started reporting about the Financial crisis and the European Euro crisis for German Public Radio & TV working for Berlin's biggest news radio RBB INFOradio and the ARD Parliamentary News Department covering the German Parliament.
Now once she's once again back in the U.S. for two months in Austin on the Arthur Burns Fellowship for journalists. She'll be covering Europe's financial problems and topics that matter to people in Austin and the State of Texas.