Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Obama in Austin: 'Folks Around Here Are Doing Something Right'
KUT News Staff
Brandi Grissom, Texas Tribune
Brandi Grissom joined the Tribune after four years at the El Paso Times, where she acted as a one-woman Capitol bureau during the last two legislative sessions. Grissom won the Associated Press Managing Editors First-Place Award in 2007 for using the Freedom of Information Act to report stories on a variety of government programs and entities, and the ACLU of Texas named her legislative reporter of the year in 2007 for her immigration reporting. She previously served as managing editor at The Daily Texan and has worked for the Alliance Times-Herald, the Taylor Daily Press, the New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung and The Associated Press. A native of Alliance, Neb., she has a degree in history from the University of Texas.