Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S.; Up from 13th Largest
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
ABIA Makes List of Best Airport Restaurants
Austin has made yet another “best of” list. This time, it’s Austin-Bergstrom International Airport that’s getting the accolades — or more precisely, the ABIA outpost of The Salt Lick.
That’s right — the website Food Republic ranks The Salt Lick at ABIA as Number Four on its list of “The World’s Best Airport Restaurants.”
The website says:
Texas barbecue doesn’t get much better than Salt Lick BBQ and an outpost of the preternaturally popular 800-seat restaurant in Driftwood is located in the West Terminal (but fills the entire airport with the bewitching scent of brisket). Try a sloppy, but satisfying, pulled pork sandwich topped with slaw and Original Recipe barbecue sauce for a taste of Hill Country on the tarmac.
Other airport restaurants that made the list:
1. Hong Kong International—Tian Xia Dumplings
2. Los Angeles International—Encounter
3. London Heathrow—Plane Food
4. Austin-Bergstrom International—The Salt Lick
5. John F. Kennedy International—Piquillo
ABIA is touting the honor via Twitter:
@AUStinAirport makes the list for best airport food http://tinyurl.com/72feop3 What's your favorite?