Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
ACC Buys Macy's Site at Highland Mall
Austin Community College announced this afternoon that it has bought the 13-acre Macy's property at Highland Mall.
ACC is paying $5 million for the site and plans to renovate the retail space to potentially include classrooms, administrative offices and a conference center.
In a press release, ACC president/CEO Dr. Stephen Kinslow said the space would be used for future expansion:
"ACC is growing at a rapid pace, and acquiring this property will allow us to accommodate more students and provide the flexibility we need to expand existing facilities in the years to come. This is an investment in the college’s future that will also help revitalize the Highland area."
This is ACC's second purchase at Highland Mall. It bought the former Dillard's property at Highland Mall last May.