Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
ACC Buys Macy's Site at Highland Mall
Austin Community College announced this afternoon that it has bought the 13-acre Macy's property at Highland Mall.
ACC is paying $5 million for the site and plans to renovate the retail space to potentially include classrooms, administrative offices and a conference center.
In a press release, ACC president/CEO Dr. Stephen Kinslow said the space would be used for future expansion:
"ACC is growing at a rapid pace, and acquiring this property will allow us to accommodate more students and provide the flexibility we need to expand existing facilities in the years to come. This is an investment in the college’s future that will also help revitalize the Highland area."
This is ACC's second purchase at Highland Mall. It bought the former Dillard's property at Highland Mall last May.