Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
AMBER Alert: 11-Year-Old Girl from The Woodlands (Update)
Update: Savannah Hurley, the subject of today's Amber Alert, has been found.
Original Post (6:09 a.m.): Sheriff’s Officers near Houston have issued an AMBER Alert for an 11-year-old girl from The Woodlands.
Authorities across the state are looking for Savannah Hurley. They believe she may be in "grave or immediate" danger.
Savannah is white with brown hair and hazel eyes. She’s 4 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She has a small gap between her front teeth and pierced ears.
Officials believe she’s with 46-year-old Shelly Jean Hurley. The suspect is white with blonde hair and brown eyes. She’s 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds. She was last seen wearing jeans and a multicolor shirt that showed her midriff.
Update: Sheriff's Officers have located the white, 2006, Ford F-150 they were looking for and now believe the two are in a 1996 maroon Subaru Legacy station wagon with Alabama plates: 48738AZ.
If you have any information, call the Trinity County Sheriff’s Office at (936) 642-1424 or call 911.