Most Active Stories
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- A Permanent Farmers Market, and 5 Other Ways Austin Can Become A Foodie Capital
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Arlington Boy Get His Wish to Be 'Little Batman' for a Day
Folks in Arlington may have noticed a caped crusader in their midst on Saturday. Seven-year old resident Kye (his last name wasn't released) is battling leukemia and his one big wish was to star in a Batman movie. With the help of the Arlington Police and Fire Departments along with non-profit A Wish with Wings, the young crime fighter’s wish came true.
Alongside actors and a film crew, Kye starred as “Little Batman,” helping an adult Batman foil an attempted bank robbery by the Joker and disarming a bomb planted by The Riddler near City Hall.
“I just want to say -- that was fun,” Kye told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
At the end of the day, he was given a key to the city by Assistant Police Chief James Hawthorne.
You can watch a video of Kye’s crime fighting adventure below.