Most Active Stories
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- A Permanent Farmers Market, and 5 Other Ways Austin Can Become A Foodie Capital
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Austin’s First F1 Race Confirmed For November 2012
It’s official. Austin’s first Formula One race is scheduled for November 18, 2012. FIA’s World Sport Motor Council unanimously approved a 2012 schedule today. F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone said earlier this month that he wanted the race to occur in November; today’s vote made it official.
Meanwhile, race organizers say construction is moving ahead on schedule.
“Vertical construction will start in two to three weeks,” Circuit of the Americas spokesman Jeff Hahn told KUT News, signaling that the actual buildings will soon begin rising from the property in southeastern Travis County.