Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Austin Humane Society to Waive Adoption Fee
The Austin Humane Society will offer free adoptions this Saturday. Adoption fees are typically over $80 for dogs and cats.
All animals will be spayed or neutered with current vaccinations and microchips. And the pets come with 30 days of pet health insurance and a bag of food.
The Humane Society will be open from noon to 7 p.m. Those wishing to adopt will need to fill out an application and pass an interview.
The Humane Society is the largest no-kill, non-profit pet adoption center in Austin. Each year, some 4,000 animals pass through the Humane Society shelter.