Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Austin Humane Society to Waive Adoption Fee
The Austin Humane Society will offer free adoptions this Saturday. Adoption fees are typically over $80 for dogs and cats.
All animals will be spayed or neutered with current vaccinations and microchips. And the pets come with 30 days of pet health insurance and a bag of food.
The Humane Society will be open from noon to 7 p.m. Those wishing to adopt will need to fill out an application and pass an interview.
The Humane Society is the largest no-kill, non-profit pet adoption center in Austin. Each year, some 4,000 animals pass through the Humane Society shelter.