Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Austin Ranked Third Best City For Young Entrepreneurs
The Live Music Capitol of the World has topped another list of awesome cities. This time, it's the Under30CEO.com list of Top 10 Cities for Young Entrepreneurs in 2010.
Coming in third place right behind New York City and San Francisco, Austin is praised for all the familiar reasons:
Austin has built a reputation on being the “live music capital of the world”. However Austin has also become a major tech hub with many start-ups and major corporations calling it home in recent years. Many people in Austin experienced the dot-com boom and bust in the late 90s. The city has a great climate and abundant resources as it continues to move forward as a technology hub with much lower costs of living then places like Silicon Valley.
Austin ranked number 4 in the 2009 list.