Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Barton Springs Gets a Rain Check
Recent rains have caused flooding and debris to accumulate in Barton Springs Pool.
The city's Parks and Recreation Aquatic Division has temporarily closed the pool “due to flooding conditions,” according to a press release. No reopening date has been issued.
Staff must wait for rains to stop – not a problem we often have in Austin – before they can remove debris, clean the pool and assess its condition.