Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Become An Expert On City Council Candidates In An Hour Or Less
People love to complain about city government, but only about ten percent or less of eligible voters cast ballots in municipal elections. That's partly because they have no idea who the candidates are or what they stand for. Here are the answers to those questions.
As part of KUT's election coverage, KUT reporters Mose Buchele and Matt Largey interviewed every single candidate for Council, except the one guy who wouldn't call us back. Matt and Mose also produced three features looking at big issues facing the city and explaining candidates' positions on them.
Here are all those stories and interviews in one place, so you can evaluate the candidates and issues for yourself. If you prefer, you can download all of these stories in a one hour-long mp3 file.
Early voting continues through the weekend until Tuesday at 7 pm. Election Day is Saturday, May 14. Find your nearest polling station here.
Where Candidates Stand On Issues
Council Race Questions: Chris Riley (incumbent)
City Council Questions: Randi Shade (incumbent)
Council Race Questions: Laura Morrison (incumbent)
Listen to all features and interviews in one hour, or download the mp3.