Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Big 12 Conference Invites TCU
And the college football conference shuffle continues.
The Big 12 college athletic conference would like Texas Christian University to join them. Presidents and chancellors of the conference's nine remaining member schools formally invited TCU to join this morning. If the school accepts the invitation, they would fill the gap left by the departure of Texas A&M from the Big 12 next summer.
The Horned Frogs currently play in the Mountain West athletic conference. A year ago, the school decided they would leave that conference for the Big East. But in a release on the TCU's athletic website, Chancellor Victor Boschini, Jr. said that joining the Big 12 would rekindle old in-state rivalries with Baylor, Texas Tech and Texas. He says he looks forward to more conversations with the conference before accepting the invitation.