Most Active Stories
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- A Permanent Farmers Market, and 5 Other Ways Austin Can Become A Foodie Capital
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Boat Fires on Lady Bird Lake
Two boats caught on fire on Lady Bird Lake Christmas Day afternoon, near the Ann Richards Congress Avenue Bridge.
The first fire was reported shortly after 2:00 p.m. AFD dispatches indicate the fire grew quickly. Another boat nearby also caught fire, bringing bringing in more firefighters and limiting traffic on the bridge. The fires were reported contained just after 3:00, but firefighters were remaining on the scene to extinguish any hot spots left over. No injuries have been reported. Investigators don't know how the fires started yet.