Most Active Stories
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- A Permanent Farmers Market, and 5 Other Ways Austin Can Become A Foodie Capital
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Arts and Culture
Check Out Photos of Willie Nelson and His New Statue
Austin got its long-awaited glimpse at the new Willie Nelson statue on Friday.
The April 20th unveiling of the statue was captured by photographer Jeff Heimsath for KUT News. On hand for the commemoration of the eight-foot tall, one-ton statue was the Red-Headed Stranger himself, who treated the audience to a song.
The statue sits on Willie Nelson Boulevard (aka Second Street) and Lavaca Street, behind Austin City Hall at the foot of the Austin City Limits Live Theater.
City Council Elections