Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Cheer Up Charlies, Formula 1 Events Come Before Austin Music Commission
The Austin Music Commission is holding a special meeting today.
One notable item on the commission’s list is a discussion of the outdoor music permit for East Austin haunt Cheer Up Charlies. In August, the East Sixth Street bar and music venue had its outdoor music hours restricted to 8 p.m. on weekdays and 10 p.m .on weekends due to an ongoing neighborhood disagreement.
Other presentation and discussions on the commission agenda include:
- Music events and festivals during Formula One weekend
- How downtown music is affecting North Austin neighborhoods
- Possible creation of a Musicians Initiative Working Group of the commission
- Proposal for a new special event permitting process
- Approve a list of 2012 Austin Music Memorial inductees
- Information on two new Austin Music Foundation programs
The commission will elect new officers. The meeting takes place at 10:30 a.m. today at City Hall. More information can be found on the commission website at austintexas.gov/musiccomm.