Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Convincing Central Texans to Take Toll Roads
The Texas Transportation Institute wants Austinites to fill out a survey about their use of toll roads and freeways. The Texas Legislature mandated TxDOT to have the survey done to evaluate the flow of traffic in the city.
The survey asks about when, where and how much time you spend on area highways.
TTI hopes to gather data that will help them find ways to encourage Central Texans to take toll roads.
“For instance, if we have a lot of people say they would use a particular toll road but it’s not easy to access for them, the department may look at ways to improve access or change access," TTI Associate Research Scientist Tina Geiselbrecht says.