Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Transportation Group Seeks Input on Changes to CAMPO 2035 Plan
KUT News Staff
Cruz, Dewhurst Set to Spar Again
Two debates weren’t enough.
The Texas Tribune reports that the two candidates in the Republican runoff election for U.S. Senate – Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst and former Solicitor General Ted Cruz – have agreed to a third debate. It's scheduled for Monday, July 23, the first day of early voting in the runoff:
The King Street Patriots, a Houston-area Tea Party group, and Fox 26, a Houston-based affiliate, are scheduled to host a televised debate in front of a live audience Monday at 6 p.m. Details on airings statewide weren't immediately clear.
Both campaigns confirmed they would participate in Monday's event.
Election day in Democratic & Republican primary runoffs is July 31.