Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Dewhurst Releases First TV Ad
David Dewhurst really wants you to know that he’s ready to cut government spending. The Texas Lieutenant Governor is running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchison. And his new TV ad mentions cutting spending three times in a mere 30 seconds.
“We’ve got to cut spending. We’ve got to prioritize. We’ve got to choke down government,” a buttoned-down Dewhurst says the spot on top of video of him walking through the Texas Capitol and talking to people.
The final three seconds of the commercial show Dewhurst in his rancher's gear – jeans, big belt buckle and blue collared shirt – walking with his wife and daughter down a country road with a horse in tow.
2012 Presidential Election
US Senate 2012