Most Active Stories
- Should Austin Bury I-35? Proposal to Reconnect City Gets New Look
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Why Passing the STAAR Exam Will Get Tougher, Starting Next Year
KUT News Staff
Feral Foodies: Texas Parks and Wildlife Offers Wild Game Recipes on YouTube
What to do with a feral hog?
After dropping that pesky critter – perhaps while leaning out the door of a hard-banking helicopter over western Hays County, hitting it at nighttime with a .458 SOCOM round from your hog-optimized AR-15 while the pilot lights it up from above – you could just let it lie there.
Or you could make feral hog tacos.
If slow-cooking feral pork butt over hardwood charcoal doesn't come naturally to you, don't worry. Help is here from Texas Parks and Wildlife. A new video series from Parks and Wildlife features four recipes from local chef Jesse Griffith's book Afield : A Chef's Guide to Preparing and Cooking Wild Game and Fish.
Here's Griffith's recipe for grilled venison:
Redfish fried three ways:
And of course, feral hog tacos:
In addition to appearing on the Parks and Wildlife YouTube page, the videos will also appear on the Parks and Wildlife TV show.