Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Five Austin Chefs Named James Beard Semi-Finalists
The James Beard Foundation announced its semi-finalists for one of the most prestigious set of culinary awards, and five local chefs made the shortlist.
- Tyson Cole of Uchi and Uchiko (Outstanding Chef)
- Bryce Gilmore of Barley Swine (Rising Star Chef of the Year and Best Chef: Southwest)
- Janina O’Leary of TRACE (Rising Star Chef of the Year)
- Laura Sawicki of La Condesa (Outstanding Pastry Chef)
- Rene Ortiz of La Condesa (Best Chef: Southwest)
The finalists will be announced Monday, March 18 in Charleston, South Carolina. The awards will be handed out on May 3 and 6 in New York City.