Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Funeral Procession Route Set for Fallen Officer
The Austin Police Department says drivers should expect delays in some areas on Wednesday between 1 and 4pm, due to the funeral procession for Senior Police Officer Jaime Padron.
Padron was shot and killed in the line of duty early Friday morning at a North Austin Wal-Mart. The suspect, Brandon Montgomery Daniel, 24, is in custody.
APD is inviting Austinites to pay their respects to Officer Padron during the procession, before his body is taken to San Angelo, where he'll be laid to rest.
The funeral procession route will be as follows:
· Northbound on Burnet Road to Hwy 45 Frontage Road.
· Eastbound Highway 45 Frontage Road to IH-35
· Southbound on IH-35 to Ben White Flyover
· Westbound Ben White Boulevard to Highway 290 West
· Westbound Highway 290 West to State Highway 71 West
· Westbound on State Highway 71 West to the intersection of FM 620
Please expect delays along these roadways, as there will be temporary closures along the entire length of the route.
The Austin Police Department’s Highway Enforcement Command will continue onto San Angelo, Texas where Officer
Padron will be laid to rest.
The route for this procession will be as follows:
· State Highway 71 West to Highway 87 North
· The procession will travel through the following Texas towns: Llano, Brady, Eden and will end in San Angelo