Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
GrulkeFest to Celebrate Brent Grulke's Impact on Austin Music
Tickets go on sale this afternoon for a music event being held in honor of a beloved member of the Austin music community.
SXSW Music Creative Director Brent Grulke passed away August 13 at the age of 51.
GrulkeFest is September 8 at ACL Live at The Moody Theater. Tickets start at $20 – proceeds will go to an education fund for Grulke’s seven-year-old son.
The line-up for the festival includes Doctors’ Mob, the Reivers and Wild Seeds.
"These are all bands Brent had something to do with, either directly--as sound man, road manager, coach--or indirectly, just by the fact that they wouldn't have been around if Brent hadn't been around,” Wild Seeds frontman Michael Hall said in a release about the event.
Ticket sales start at 5 p.m. They are available at the ACL Live website, the venue box office and Waterloo Records.
Arts and Culture