Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Hays County Discontinues Citizen Hotline
Hays County has discontinued its citizen information phone line. The temporary information number was created because of an increase in calls to the county's dispatch line. Now that the evacuation order for areas of the county has been lifted and temporary shelters closed, the number is no longer being used.
"There's no immediate need for a citizen's information line," said Hays County spokeswoman Laureen Chernow. "If the need arises, of course we will reestablish that phone line."
The Pedernales One fire, which was threatening the Hays County line, is now being fought on the Travis County side. Hays County personnel and firefighters are assisting in the effort, Chernow said.