Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Health Care Law Grant Helping Austin Clinic Expand
An Austin health clinic is getting $650,000 from the federal government as part of the Obama Administration’s health care overhaul.
“Every day there are people who call who would like appointments who we can’t see. And so this is an opportunity to make sure that we have more capacity to meet more of the needs in our community,” said Regina Rogoff, People’s Community Clinic CEO.
Nine clinics across Texas are receiving a total of more than $5.3 million.
The U.S. Supreme Court will soon make a decision over whether parts of the health care law are constitutional. It does not appear that this grant money will be affected by the court’s decision.