Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Highway 183 in Cedar Park Closed at 9 a.m.
View Truck Convoy Route (i.e., where to avoid) in a larger map
A stretch of US 183 in Cedar Park will be closed this morning.
Starting at 9 a.m., 183 will shut down between the Leander city limit and RM 620. The freeway will stay closed until sometime around noon.
The closure is needed to make room for two trucks carrying oversize loads. Power lines and stoplights need to be lifted along the route to allow the trucks to pass underneath.
Intersections and sections of the highway will be open before and after the trucks pass through each intersection, but traffic will be unable to pass the trucks in either direction.
Drivers may wish to avoid related traffic congestion by choosing an alternate route, such as the 183-A toll road or Anderson Mill Road.
The closure was originally supposed to happen Thursday morning, but was postponed when part of the convoy did not arrive as expected Wednesday night.