Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Obama in Austin: 'Folks Around Here Are Doing Something Right'
KUT News Staff
Home Prices Up Around Austin
New data released today shows homes in the Austin, Round Rock and San Marcos areas are increasing in value.
The report by CoreLogic – a real estate analytics company – shows home prices in Central Texas were up 6.8 percent in July, compared to July 2011. Home prices were also up from June to July of this year – by 0.6 percent.
Home prices are also on the rise across the state, up by 4.7 percent. Nationally, prices are up by 3.8 percent.