Most Active Stories
- Should Austin Bury I-35? Proposal to Reconnect City Gets New Look
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Why Passing the STAAR Exam Will Get Tougher, Starting Next Year
KUT News Staff
Hot, Dry Weather = Burn Bans, Severe Drought Conditions
The latest U.S. Drought Monitor map shows portions of Central Texas have moved from moderate to severe drought.
Travis, Williamson, Hays and Burnet Counties are all prohibiting outdoor burning.
And the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department has just issued a burn ban for city parks, greenbelts and preserves. That means no grilling except for propane grills in designated picnic areas.
AM Update: 8/16/12