Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Obama in Austin: 'Folks Around Here Are Doing Something Right'
KUT News Staff
I-35 Closed Again Tonight at Ben White Blvd.
This map shows the detour routes in green and the closures in red.
Interstate 35 at Ben White Blvd. will be closed again this weekend for construction work on flyovers intended to connect I-35 with US 290.
Here’s what will happen as of 8 pm tonight, according to the Texas Department of Transportation:
- The Woodward St bridge over I-35 will be closed
- I-35 southbound to US 290 westbound and I-35 southbound to US 290 eastbound direct connectors will be closed.
- The I-35 southbound access road will be reduced to one lane and detoured to the westbound Ben White access road, South Congress Ave. and then back to I-35 along the eastbound Ben White access road.
- The eastbound Ben White access roads will be detoured to the southbound I-35 access road, Stassney Lane and the northbound access road.
- The westbound Ben White access road will detoured to the northbound access road, Oltorf St and the southbound I-35 access road.
- The I-35 northbound access road will be reduced to two lanes.
Everything is supposed to return to normal around midnight Saturday. No closures are planned for next weekend because of increased traffic expected for the Republic of Texas Rally.