Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Transportation Group Seeks Input on Changes to CAMPO 2035 Plan
KUT News Staff
I-35 Nighttime Closures In Kyle Next Week
If you’re passing through Kyle next week anytime between 9 pm and 6 am, you may want to give yourself extra time to get to your destination. The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) says it will be closing Interstate 35 northbound for two days and then closing it southbound for two days after that. Here is the full schedule.
- Monday and Tuesday from 9 pm to 6 am: All southbound lanes closed at Kyle Crossing. People will be forced to exit before Windy Hill Rd. and will be allowed back on to I-35 just north of FM 1626.
- Wednesday and Thursday from 9 pm to 6 am: All northbound lanes will be closed at Kyle Crossing. Traffic will be detoured to the access road at Kyle Crossing and will be allowed back on to the interstate near Kelly Smith Ln.
TxDOT is closing the lanes so that crews can hang steel beams across I-35 as part of a $13 million project to build a new five-lane bridge at Kyle Crossing.