Most Active Stories
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- A Permanent Farmers Market, and 5 Other Ways Austin Can Become A Foodie Capital
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Arts and Culture
Jersey Shore-Style Reality TV Show Planned For Austin?
This curious website has been raising some eyebrows in Austin. It purports to be a casting call for a reality TV program that is “rounding up the biggest and baddest personalities to live it up in the ultimate Austin pad.”
The website says the show is being produced by “one of the Executive Producers behind ‘Jersey Shore’ in conjunction with Badaddy Productions.” A Google search for Badaddy Productions yielded no results.
The website is registered to Steven Kiefer, who lists as his address an apartment in North Hollywood, California. A man named Steven Kiefer is listed on IMDB.com as a casting editor who has worked on several TV series, including Paris Hilton’s New BFF.
Applicants on LostInAustinCasting.com are encouraged to answer questions like,” What is your favorite way to let loose and have fun?” and, “What makes you stand out?” One part of the form says simply, “BRAG.”
In 2005, MTV produced a season of the reality television series "The Real World" in Austin. According to a talent agent representing the cast, "The Real World: Austin" was the highest rated cable series in 2005 among viewers aged 12-34