Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Lamar Blvd. Partially Closed
View Lamar Street Closure in a larger map
Update: Via Twitter, Austin Energy confirms reports stating Lamar Boulevard near MLK Boulevard is partially reopen, and should be completely clear closer to 3 p.m.
Original post (9:06 a.m.): Part of Lamar Boulevard is shut down this morning because Austin Energy crews are working to repair a utility pole.
Austin Energy Spokesman Ed Clark says a tree fell onto utility lines, bringing the pole down onto the street.
Northbound traffic on Lamar in the area is being diverted to 15th Street, and southbound traffic is being diverted to MLK.
Clark estimates the roadway will be reopened around 11 a.m. or noon.
AM Update 7/16/12