Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Map: Street Closures for Saturday's Iraq Veterans Parade
View Welcome Home Iraq Veterans Parade Street Closures in a larger map
The Welcome Home Iraq Veterans Parade kicks off tomorrow at 9 a.m., starting from Congress Ave. and Riverside Drive.
The event is scheduled to continue along Congress Avenue towards the Texas Capitol. A brief ceremony is scheduled on the south steps of the Capitol at 11 a.m., followed by a Job and Resource Fair in the Capitol Extension at 11:30 a.m.
Austinites should consider the following closures when planning their morning Saturday driving routes:
- The Congress Avenue bridge will be closed from 6:30 a.m., until the parade’s end.
- There will be partial closures on Barton Springs Road headed toward Caesar Chavez starting at 6:30 a.m.
- Congress Avenue, from Cesar Chavez Street to 11th Street, and all cross-streets between Colorado and Brazos will be closed starting at 6:30 a.m. until the parade's end.
And in other news, Congress Avenue will be shuttered again early Sunday morning. The city says a full road closure is in effect Sunday, July 8 from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m. along Congress Avenue, between Sixth and 11th streets, while a film crew goes to work.
War and Peace
War In Iraq