Most Active Stories
- Should Austin Bury I-35? Proposal to Reconnect City Gets New Look
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Why Passing the STAAR Exam Will Get Tougher, Starting Next Year
KUT News Staff
Mr. Baird is Toast?
Lehmberg netted 12,647 votes in early balloting. That’s 74 percent of the vote. Baird got 4,353 votes or 26 percent. Yes, there were exactly 17,000 votes cast during early polling.
Of course, we’re still waiting for complete results, but Lehmberg is well positioned heading into the final tabulations. As we reported on Monday, there is no Republican candidate in the race. Whomever wins this primary will become the next Travis County DA.
Apologies to Mrs. Baird’s Bread for the headline.