Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
No Facilities at Emma Long Park; Barton Springs Pool Still Closed
The Austin Parks and Recreation Department has temporarily shut off the water to Emma Long Metropolitan Park to make repairs.
The park is still open for use but all restrooms, showers, drinking fountains and water utilities for camping are all out of order. The city is providing extra portable restrooms.
The repairs are expected to be complete in early August.
Meanwhile, Barton Springs Pool remains closed for cleanup after Sunday night’s storm. The city has not yet announced when the pool will be back open.