Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Overnight Truck Accident Closes Lanes on I-35
Update (8:53 a.m.): Police say all southbound lanes of I-35 are now open.
Traffic was diverted for several hours this morning after an 18-wheeler jackknifed on I-35, trying to avoid hitting a pedestrian. The pedestrian died. The accident occurred at 2 a.m. today, Austin police said.
While both northbound and southbound lanes were closed for about an hour this morning around the 5500 block of the highway, all northbound lanes were said to be open by 8:30 this morning. Southbound lanes were expected to be opened by approximately 9 a.m.