Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Part of Zilker Park (Temporarily) Reopens
Part of Zilker Park’s Great Lawn is back open for public use—but only for a couple of weeks.
The entire Great Lawn had been closed since Oct. 1 in preparation for the Austin City Limits Music Festival. It’s remained closed for maintenance after the festival.
The park isn’t expected to be fully reopened until Jan. 7.
Meanwhile, the Zilker Zephyr—the popular, kid-sized train that runs through the park—remains out of order. It stopped running last week after a park officials say a heavy vehicle drove over the train tunnel and may have cause structural damage.
austin city limits