Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Perry: Texas Education Spending Had 'Phenomenal' Growth
By the state’s own reckoning, Texas’ population increased four percent increase from 2011 to 2013. And Lawmakers cut education spending by more than $5 billion last session. But Gov. Rick Perry says education spending has outpaced statewide enrollment growth, and by a wide margin.
KUT's Emily Donahue spoke with Gardner Selby from the Austin American-Statesman’s Politifact Texas unit.