Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Arts and Culture
Poetry in Motion: Group Announces Cap Metro Poetry Contest
On Saturday, the Austin Poetry Society is kicking off its Poetry with Wheels contest. Open to anyone 18 or older, the winner’s poem will be posted on the placards lining the inside of Capital Metro buses.
"The Poetry with Wheels contest is not just for professional poets," the society writes on its website. "All members of the Austin community are encouraged to enter."
Although there’s no restriction poem topics or the amount of poems you can submit, the Poetry Society has four guidelines for submissions:
- Poems must be under 50 words, and no more than eight lines long.
- Poems must be written in English or Spanish, or a mix of the two.
- Poems must enhance the rider experience through positive and creative writing.
- Poems must be original to the submitter and previously unpublished.
Here at KUT News, we reached deep and came up with a Haiku to get you started:
Sit on the corner
Engaged in life's mysteries
Dang, I missed the bus
Send your own submissions in the body of an email – not as an attachment – to email@example.com.