Most Active Stories
- Should Austin Bury I-35? Proposal to Reconnect City Gets New Look
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Why Passing the STAAR Exam Will Get Tougher, Starting Next Year
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
KUT News Staff
Report: Guilty Verdict for Two Sixth St. Club Owners in Money Laundering Case
Two brothers – Hussein Yassine and Hadi Yassine – have been found guilty on federal money laundering charges, according to the Austin American-Statesman.
As KUT News previously reported, The Yassine brothers – Hussein, Hadi and Mohammed Yassine – were among ten people arrested in March on drug, weapon and money laundering charges.
The state has since seized their assets.
The Statesman writes that the third brother that was charged, Mohammed Ali “Steve” Yassine, was not found guilty. The daily adds that he is awaiting trial on drug charges, and remains in custody.