Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
2012 Presidential Election
On the Road: Back in the Game
So as we head into tonight's Fox News debate in Sioux City Iowa, let's go over what's happened in the past week:
- Rick Perry started a bus tour
- Former Speaker Newt Gingrich was hammered on all sides at the debate in Des Moines
- I GOT SICK
And not your run of the mill, got a cold type sickness. This was a kind of can't-move, can-feel-the-heat-coming-off-your-head sickness that makes you think you'll never feel better again.
The kind of sickness that, for a few hours Monday night, made me think I was going to miss the Rick Perry bus tour. Which would have just stunk.
So, after summoning just enough energy to get out of bed, I found a local emergency clinic in Des Moines, and got some medicine.
Good news, it's not the flu. But it was some kind of chest infection. Now after three days of antibiotics and plenty of ibuprofen and cold medicine...I almost feel normal.
Anyone who travels for work knows how horrible it is to get sick on the road. This was no different. I'm just glad it happened before I got on the Perry press bus.