Most Active Stories
- Should Austin Bury I-35? Proposal to Reconnect City Gets New Look
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Why Passing the STAAR Exam Will Get Tougher, Starting Next Year
KUT News Staff
2012 Presidential Election
Ron Paul Campaign Continues Newt Gingrich Smackdown
Originally published on Mon December 5, 2011 4:11 pm
There was more evidence Monday that Newt Gingrich really rubs Rep. Ron Paul and his campaign aides the wrong way.
After Gingrich, the latest Republican frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination defended the idea of Donald Trump, the real-estate developer and network reality show star, moderating a presidential debate later this month, someone at Paul's campaign sent an email that continued the Team Paul's smackdown of Gingrich.
Politico.com reported on the email which included the following:
"We agree, of course, with former Speaker Gingrich — this is a country of people of enormous talent. Those who deliver thousands of babies like Dr. Paul and those who spend their time focusing on promoting themselves for profit.
And that wasn't even the harshest line. The Paul campaign saved that for a super snarky Tiffany reference. Mitt Romney may just want to sit back and let the Paul campaign handle the political body punches against Gingrich. Paul's campaign is showing a real aptitude for it.