Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S.; Up from 13th Largest
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Sources: Austin Headed to Austin
Multiple sources have indicated to orangebloods.com as well as hookem.com that former University of Florida football defensive coordinator, Teryl Austin, will take over the recently vacated defensive coordinator position at UT. If hired, Austin would take over for Will Muschamp, who accepted the head coach position at the University of Florida on Saturday.
UT has yet to make an official announcement about the hire. The University posted the defensive coordinator job publicly on Monday with the 'preferred qualification' closely mirroring Austin's collegiate and pro-level coaching experience.
UT football head coach Mack Brown was tasked with hiring coordinators on both offense and defense with Muschamp's departure to Florida. Former offensive coordinator Greg Davis resigned on December 6th. Further, Muschamp had been designated Texas' "head coach in waiting" in 2008, in an effort to keep the highly sought after coordinator at UT.