Most Active Stories
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- A Permanent Farmers Market, and 5 Other Ways Austin Can Become A Foodie Capital
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
KUT News Staff
Street Closure Map for Republic of Texas Rally 2011
View Austin Street Closures- ROT Rally in a larger map
Fire up your choppers! The annual Republic of Texas Biker Rally is underway. The four day event is the largest motorcycle rally in Texas and brings over 200,000 bikers and spectators to downtown Austin.
The main event - the ROT Motorcycle Parade and Downtown Bash - is set to begin at 7:30 this evening. The 11 mile parade was named in 2006 as the "Longest Parade of Motorcycles Known to Mankind” by the Guinness Book of World Records.
The City of Austin says drivers should expect temporary road closures for the parade along East Martin Luther King Boulevard, Webberville Road, and East 11th Street. Also, several roads will be closed downtown starting at 6 pm Friday including Congress Avenue from Cesar Chavez to Eleventh Street and streets intersecting Congress between Brazos and Colorado. All roads will re-open at three Saturday morning.