Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- This Week on KUT News – 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Street Closure Map for Republic of Texas Rally 2011
View Austin Street Closures- ROT Rally in a larger map
Fire up your choppers! The annual Republic of Texas Biker Rally is underway. The four day event is the largest motorcycle rally in Texas and brings over 200,000 bikers and spectators to downtown Austin.
The main event - the ROT Motorcycle Parade and Downtown Bash - is set to begin at 7:30 this evening. The 11 mile parade was named in 2006 as the "Longest Parade of Motorcycles Known to Mankind” by the Guinness Book of World Records.
The City of Austin says drivers should expect temporary road closures for the parade along East Martin Luther King Boulevard, Webberville Road, and East 11th Street. Also, several roads will be closed downtown starting at 6 pm Friday including Congress Avenue from Cesar Chavez to Eleventh Street and streets intersecting Congress between Brazos and Colorado. All roads will re-open at three Saturday morning.