Most Active Stories
- Should Austin Bury I-35? Proposal to Reconnect City Gets New Look
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Why Passing the STAAR Exam Will Get Tougher, Starting Next Year
KUT News Staff
Street Closure Map for ROT Rally 2012
A motorcycle procession beginning at 8 p.m. will cause partial road closures along the route from the Travis Country Exposition Center, traveling downtown along E. MLK Boulevard, Webberville Road, Oak Springs Road and west on E. 11th Street.
The parade will conclude on Congress Avenue, where full road closures will take place until 3 a.m. between Cesar Chavez and East 11th Street, and between Colorado and Brazos streets.
View Austin Street Closures - ROT Rally 2012 in a larger map
Large numbers of pedestrians expected in the E. Sixth Street area will likely require a closure west of the IH-35 frontage road and Brazos.
APD recommends alternate routes including Interstate 35, Lamar Boulevard and Guadalupe Street.
Both directions on 11th Street, southbound Colorado and northbound Brazos streets will remain open.