Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Sunday SXSW Roundup: Catch KUT’s 'Daily Buzz' and Follow Us On Tumblr
They shot the film on the burnt orange landscapes of Southern Utah and the urban desolation of Las Vegas over four weeks, filming six days a week. One of the bigger obstacles they faced during filming, despite the fact they were in the desert, was rain. “The rain follows us wherever we go, even here to Austin,” the director said during the Q&A afterwards.
The film stars Rory Culkin (yes, of that family) and the delicate Julia Garner (playing the lead, Rachel), who’s only eighteen years old. You may remember her from a smaller role in Martha Marcy May Marlene.
KUT has launched a new podcast, The Daily Buzz with Eugene Hernandez, covering all things SXSW:
Produced with the support of the Film Society of Lincoln Center, The Daily Buzz is presented daily in Texas with KUT 90.5 FM and the Alamo Drafthouse. Recorded at the Alamo's newest venue, Midnight Cowboy (313 East 6th Street) the show features conversations with filmmakers from SXSW, as well as insights from industry veterans and journalists.