Most Active Stories
- 'Hate Map' Collects, Charts Texas' Racist, Homophobic Tweets
- First Look at UT Medical School: New Hospital on Red River, Erwin Center Could Be Demolished
- Where Else Could Pres. Obama Have Eaten BBQ in Austin?
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- Storify: President Obama Visits Austin, Manor
KUT News Staff
Texas Adds Four Congressional Seats
UPDATE: U.S. Census interactive map added at 12:50 p.m.
The additional 4-million residents the state has added since 2000 brought an additional 4 U.S. House seats to the state. Those seats will be divvied up during the 2011 Texas Legislative session.
GOP consultant Ted Delisi worked on the maps in 2000. His initial guess is that one seat will be placed around Dallas, another around Houston, one in the Texas valley and one along the I-35 corridor between Waco and San Antonio.
Lawmakers get to have all the fun drawing the maps starting in January.