Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Texas A&M Police Searching for Armed Suspect
Update 5:36pm: Texas A&M officials say they still have not located an armed suspect, but students can go about their normal activities, but "remain cautious" while the investigation continues.
Earlier Update: The latest from A&M: "UPD is asking that everyone in the vicinity of the incident remain indoors until the all clear issued via Code Maroon. UPD continues to search the area for the suspect."
Original Post (4:57 p.m.): Texas A&M has issued a “Code Maroon” warning of an armed suspect on campus.
At 4:43 p.m. CST, A&M’s public safety account tweeted “Code Maroon Armed subject described as white male, late 40's, light hair, lime green short sleeve shirt, jeans.”
Additional information posed on the A&M emergency website reads “Looks like a wooden handled hand gun. Last seen heading in the direction of Sanders Corps Center.”