Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Three of Austin's Biggest Names Come Together for One Cause
An actor, a musician and UT’s head football coach are joining forces to help kids in need.
Mack Brown, Jack Ingram and Matthew McConaughey are putting together an event they’re calling “Mack, Jack & McConaughey" or "MJ&M."
There's not a lot of information right now—even the event's website says "additional details to be announced."
What we do know is that MJ&M will be a two-day, celebrity-filled special event held in Austin in April to raise funds for various children’s charities. The only charity already listed by name as one that will be supported is McConaughey’s just keep livin Foundation.
The organizers say it will be an opportunity for Texans to make an impact on children’s lives across the country.
The press release refer's to the April 11-12, 2013 event as the "inaugural." So, along with ACL and SXSW, it sounds like MJ&M may be the next acronym Austinites will need to get used to.
UT Longhorn Football