Most Active Stories
- Now That 'Ink's Dry' on HB 5, Future of Texas Education Bill Secured
- Kerbey Lane 'Eat-In' Seeks Cafe at Mueller Development (Update)
- Street Closure Map: 2013 ROT Rally and Juneteenth Parade
- Two Big Education Bills Gain Approval from Texas Legislature
- With Tube Rentals, East Austin Beach Not So 'Secret' Anymore
KUT News Staff
Today is 'Top Chef Paul Qui Day'
Today is "Top Chef Paul Qui" day in Austin. Mayor Lee Leffingwell presented Qui with a certificate declaring the honor yesterday.
Earlier this year, Qui won the ninth season of Bravo's "Top Chef" – known as "Top Chef: Texas."
Qui posted a picture of the certificate on Twitter. It states that Qui represented Austin and the State of Texas admirably and has an official seal. Qui told Eater Austin the honor was "cool. I did not expect that at all."
Qui lives in Austin and is the executive chef at Uchiko.
Qui will be presented the key to the city in a reception at City Hall today at 11 a.m. – and Uchiko will be providing light snacks.
Arts and Culture