Most Active Stories
- Austin Now the 11th Largest City in the U.S., Up from 13th Largest
- Austin: Second Fastest Growing City for Suburban Poverty
- KUT News Presents 'Under One Roof: Affordable Housing 101'
- Last Seen, Moving Slowly, on the UT Campus: a Robotic Couch
- The Mayor's 'Office:' Leffingwell Welcomes Athlead to Austin
KUT News Staff
Travis County Burn Ban Lifted
With Travis County receiving several inches of rain in the last 24 hours, a burn ban for the county is no longer in effect.
Travis County Fire Marshal Hershel Lee lifted the burn ban for the region today. It was initially scheduled to last until Oct. 3. The lift will be in effect until at least Sept. 18, when the county commissioners court will consider the ban once more.
Officials still remind citizens to abide by state regulations when burning any materials outdoors. You can find more information on the fire marshall’s website.